The Tarjan Center is currently recruiting families for our Family Mentor Partner Program.
FMP Mentors will provide 16 hours of support, guidance, coaching, and direct instruction to families with a teen or adult with a developmental disability to access needed supports from their regional center.
We are recruiting Latino and Chinese family members (may be a parent, sibling, or other family member)
- Have a family member who is 16 years or older with a developmental disability
- Can be monolingual Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese
- Who want to better understand and use their local regional center’s services
- Will commit to 16 hours of 1:1 mentoring between December 2018 -May 2019 at a convenient location
- The family member with a developmental disability must be a client of Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center or Lanterman Regional Center
- Will receive gas cards to assist with transportation