Salary & Benefits
Resident Salaries for 2022-23
All are subject to appropriate taxes. Visit UCLA GME website for additional benefits information.
- Housing Stipend: $12,000, paid $1,000 each month (paid as wages and subject to withholdings)
- Food Allowance: $3,000/year at UCLA Cafeterias
- Relocation Reimbursement: $2,750 for new hires only
- Educational Allowance: PGY1: $500, PGY2 and up: $1,000
- Professional Reimbursements: covers license, license renewal, and USMLE Step 3
Residents take 4 weeks of vacation a year, scheduled by them with the program director’s consent, and conforming to the following rules: No vacation during 1-block rotations, up to 1-week of vacation for 2 block rotations, up to 2 weeks of vacation for 3-block rotations.
12 days per year
You and your family will have medical, dental, and vision insurance at no cost to you. In addition, life and long-term disability insurance is provided at no cost.
Funds for Travel for Professional Meetings:
The department makes every effort to underwrite expenses when a resident presents a paper at a national meeting. In addition, the department encourages the involvement of residents in local and national psychiatric organizations and will support such activities as the budget allows.