How to Apply
For the General Psychiatry Residency, all prospective applicants must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applicants must also register with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP, or "The Match"),
The steps to apply are as follows:
- Complete the NRMP match enrollment materials from AAMC
- Complete the ERAS application for residencies
- Arrange for us to receive the following documents:
- Dean's letter
- Transcript of your medical school grades
- Personal statement
- Scores obtained on USMLE examinations
- At least three letters of recommendation (at least one from psychiatry is encouraged, but not required)
We review applications hollistically on a rolling basis after receiving your dean’s letters. Outstanding applicants will be invited to come for personal interviews from November through January. You will be contacted via ERAS e-mail regarding your interview status. All interviews should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
This year, all our interviews will be virtual. We will attempt to schedule your day in accordance with your time zone, so it is important if you tell us which time zone you will be if you are not at your medical school location. After you have scheduled for a specific date, we will send you more materials about the program, Los Angeles, and our residents. Our interview day consists of a program description, individual interviews, and a chance to meet our residents. Please dress and act professionally for the interview. We ask that you not record or photograph any aspect of the interview.
Once you are invited for an interview, please specify your choice of dates via ERAS email. If for some reason your plans should change and you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please be sure to call to cancel as we usually have a waiting list for our interview dates.
At this time, we do not sponsor any Visas for international medical graduates.
- Find out more about the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP)
- Go Apply at the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) Website
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
See our Contact Info page on how to reach our program coordinator & program director for any additional questions.