Parents of Early-Adolescents Conflict Education
The 9-week PEACE (Parents of Early-Adolescents Conflict Education) program is designed for the parents of 12.5 to 15.5 year-olds who are having frequent and/or intense arguments with their teen. Each session deals with a problem common to parenting teens and gives you assignments to help you deal with them.
Topics covered include:
- Teen issues and development
- How to set reasonable goals for teen behavior
- How to handle annoying teen behavior
- How to set rules your teen is likely to follow
- How to pick a battle you can win
- How to give effective consequences
Please contact the clinic office for the latest upcoming entry point.
One parent is required to attend the class on a consistent basis, however both parents are always welcome. This class is for parents/caregivers only.
For more information, click on each arrow below.
Thursday Group: 4:00pm-5:30pm.
Please email the clinic with your preferred time for more information about upcoming entry points
Please call our office for information about our current fees.
Many insurance companies may cover part of the cost of the program; however we cannot guarantee that our services will be covered by any particular health insurance plan. Please call and confirm your own coverage as well as any requirements for pre-authorization. Ask your health insurance carrier if they cover "outpatient behavioral health" services at UCLA. We may enroll either the parent or the child as the patient, which ever is to your advantage.
The outpatient finance department will verify your insurance after you have submitted an enrollment packet.
Director/Instructor(s): Cynthia G. Whitham, L.C.S.W.
- Download, fill out, and submit ‘PEACE Application’ via fax or mail.
- Our staff will contact you to complete a phone screen and schedule a one-hour intake appointment with one of our clinicians to determine whether the program is appropriate for your family.