Parenting Teens (12.5-15.5 years)
If you’re having frequent or intense arguments with your teen, we can help you achieve a more positive environment in your home.
The UCLA Parenting program for teens, also known as PEACE (Parents of Early-Adolescents Conflict Education), helps parents better understand teen development and learn to reduce family arguments.
Parents will learn how to:
- Improve communication with their teen
- Reduce conflict while building mutual respect
- Better manage difficult behaviors
- Create reasonable expectations for their teen
- Establish rules their teen is likely to follow
- Set effective consequences to keep your teen safe
- Navigate teen friendships
Who: Parents/caregivers of teens ages 12½ to 15½
Duration: Once a week for nine weeks
- Download and complete the Parenting Teens Application and submit via
UCLA Parenting and Children’s Friendship Program
760 Westwood Plaza, Room 27-384
Los Angeles, CA 90095
- Once we have received your application, we will email you a confirmation that we are processing your application. PLEASE NOTE: if you do not receive a confirmation email from us within 2-3 business days after submission, please contact us at (310) 825-0142.
- After processing, our staff will contact you to complete a phone screen and schedule a one-hour in-person intake appointment with one of our clinicians to determine whether the program is appropriate for you and your child.
We accept many types of insurance. Our programs are billed as outpatient group therapy sessions. Please call or email us for more information about insurance coverage and fees.