The KidsConnect at the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA is a short-term integrated day treatment program for young children (ages 2-6) who have been diagnosed with, or may have, autism, developmental disabilities, and behavior disorders.
The KidsConnect specializes in treatment for:
- Classroom interaction
- Toddlers and preschool children from 2-6 six years of age who would benefit from a structured early childhood environment
- Children who are on the autism spectrum and/or present with developmental disabilities or other severe behavior problems requiring intensive treatment.
- Children who have tried less intensive outpatient treatment and been unsuccessful, or do not have access to these services in their community.
- Parents who are willing to actively participate in the program and transport their child to UCLA.
- Evaluate and treat children in a structured, individualized program
- Develop individual educational, behavioral, and social intervention plans for each child
- Provide family intervention to assist parents in understanding their child’s needs and manage their child’s behavior
- Communicate with school districts and regional centers to facilitate the child’s transition into appropriate educational placements and community services