10-week group parenting program that addresses common problems of family living as well as management of the difficult child and the child with ADHD. This program is designed for parents with children ages 2-12 years. Sessions include parenting issues such as:
- Getting Your Child to "Listen" with Effective Commands
- Setting Firm, Fair Limits on Unacceptable Behavior
- Reducing Annoying Behaviors
- Homework Struggles (optional)
- Scheduling Your Child's AM and PM
- Using Positive Attention to Increase Cooperation
Parents will learn techniques based on the latest research. Parenting techniques are demonstrated and practiced in sessions. Home assignments help parents put these techniques into action. Group size is 6-10 sets of parents.
Upcoming entry points for parents:
April 8th/9th and May 27th/28th 2015.
(A submitted enrollment packet and completed intake appointment required before you begin. Intake appointments offered Wednesday/Thursday).