This successful 12-week program is designed for children in elementary school (starting end of 1st grade) who have difficulty making and/or keeping friends. During each group session children learn a new skill, practice with group members, receive coaching on their play skills and are given a homework assignment in which they try out their newly learned skill.
*First grade policy: Seven year old first graders are accepted into the program starting April/May of their first grade year.
Enrollment is limited to 11 children per class. Classes are on Wednesday evenings. Regular attendance is imperative. Parent participation is required. Parents attend a concurrent class and will learn how to help their children make and keep friends by using the skills we teach in our program.
Upcoming groups scheduled for:
- March 27, 2015 - we are now accepting applications.
Your child will learn:
- Conversational skills
- How to make a good first impression
- How to “play detective” to find common interests
- How to join a group of kids at play
- How to handle rejection, teasing and bullying
- How to be a good host on a play date
- How to be a good winner
- How to be a good sport
- How to show respect to adult supervisors