University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Pediatrics, Jane and Terry Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at UCLA
UCLA TIES for Families is accepting applications for an APPIC-approved Clinical Child Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship to begin September 2021. The mission of UCLA TIES for Families is to improve outcomes for foster children, from birth to age 21, with special needs who are or will be in adoptive placement and their adopting families. Clinicians provide treatment and comprehensive psychological evaluations for children and their resource/adoptive families within an interdisciplinary team while consulting with child welfare workers. There are also opportunities to engage in research as well as to supervise psychology externs. Postdoctoral fellows provide the following services to children and families:
- Child, adolescent, and family psychotherapy utilizing evidence-based approaches (e.g. Child Parent Psychotherapy, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, Managing and Adapting Practice, Reflective Parenting Program, Seeking Safety, UCLA TIES Transition Model
- Group therapy, aimed at fostering attachment and better supporting both children and families adjusting to the specific circumstances of adoptive placement
- Involvement in the Infant Mental Health program, including developmental assessments, home visiting, and parent-infant support groups
- Therapeutic home visiting to strengthen parent-child attachment, support parents through the child welfare and court systems, and provide interactive guidance about developmental, emotional and behavioral issues of infants and toddlers
- Participation in clinical trial of ADAPT, a manualized adoption-specific intervention for older children being adopted from foster care and their parents
- Interdisciplinary, comprehensive psychological evaluations
Application deadline is December 1, 2021. To apply, send curriculum vitae, cover letter, and three letters of reference directly to Paisha Allmendinger at email@example.com or mail to UCLA TIES for Families, 1000 Veteran Ave, Box 957142, Los Angeles, CA 90095-7142.
Start date is September 6, 2022.
UCLA is an equal opportunity employer. Please note this is a distinct and separate position than the fellowship advertised with Harbor-UCLA.
Christine Moody, Ph.D.
Gillian Binne, Psy.D.
Nekolas Milton, Psy.D.
Jessica O'Leary, Ph.D
Lucia Cardenas, Ph.D.
Christine Moody, Ph.D.
|2019-2020||Mercedes Fernandez Oromendia, Ph.D.; Executive Functioning Coaching; Consultant for mental health startups|
Erica Wendel, Ph.D.; Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and The Behavioral Sciences, University of Southern California
|2018-2019||Elizabeth Ollen, Ph.D. - Clinical Director, EMPWR Program for LGBTQ Youth at UCLA Semel|
Mercedes Fernandez Oromendia, Ph.D.
Diana Santacrose, Ph.D. - Assistant Professor at the Department of Psychology, Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts at Loyola Marymount University
Erica Wendel, Ph.D. - Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and The Behavioral Sciences, University of Southern California
Kristen Axelsen, Psy.D.
Alycia Davis, Psy.D. - Staff Psychologist, UCLA TIES for Families
Caitlin Lepore, Ph.D., LCSW – Research and Program Evaluation at County of Santa Barbara
Debora Jason, Ph.D. – Co-Founder and Clinical Director at Trauma Therapy
Caitlin Lepore, Ph.D., LCSW
Allison Brandt, Ph.D. – Assistant Professor at Pacific University, School of Graduate Psychology
Debora Ganz, Ph.D. - Clinical Director and Co-Founder, Trauma Therapy CA; Clinical Psychologist II, Orange County Health Care Agency, Clinical Evaluation & Guidance Unit, Orangewood Children and Family Center
Jennifer Ly, Ph.D. – Clinical Psychologist at UCSF
Matthew Ruderman, Ph.D. – Research and Program Development Manager, UCLA TIES
|2013-2014||Rachael Berg-Martinez, Ph.D. – Licensed Clinical Psychologist at Western Youth Services|
Kalani Makanui, Ph.D. – Licensed Clinical Psychologist at Didi Hirsch
Maria Paasivirta, Ph.D. – Licensed Clinical Psychologist at Summit Center Los Angeles
David Anderson, Ph.D. – Senior Director, ADHD and Disruptive Behavioral Disorders Center at Child Mind Institute
Jennifer Shultz, Psy.D. – Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Private Practice in Los Angeles, CA
Le Ondra Clark Harvey, Ph.D. – Chief Policy Consultant to the California State Assembly
Jennifer Shultz, Psy.D
|2009-2010||Kristin Olson, Ph.D. – Licensed Clinical Psychologist at Harbor Regional Center and Private Practice in South Bay California|
Sapana Donde, Ph.D. – Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Private Practice in Austin, TX
Heather Gibb, Psy.D. – Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Private Practice in Downers Grove, IL