CECY (pronounced SEE-SEE) -- the California Employment Consortium for Youth and Young Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities -- is a collaboration of 45+ representatives of 25+ state agencies, associations, and organizations, families, and self-advocates with responsibilities for the education, rehabilitation, employment, and support of youth with disabilities.
To stimulate policy change and build capacity in California state systems and local communities to increase the number of youth and young adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (IDD) in competitive integrated employment (CIE).
HOW WE ACCOMPLISH OUR MISSION:
- Establishing a shared vision and elevated expectation across California’s state agencies, associations, and organizations for CIE.
- Building collaborative leadership within California state and other IDD-related agencies.
- Driving impact via tools (aka CECY Products) for systems change.
- Incubating and implementing effective practices in local communities.
- Measuring employment outcomes for youth and changes in policy and practice.
- Alta CA Regional Center
- The ARC of California
- Association for Regional Center Agencies (ARCA)
- CA Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO)
- CA Dept. of Developmental Services (DDS)
- CA Dept of Education (DOE)
- CA Dept of Rehabilitation (DOR)
- CA Disability Services Association
- CA Employment Development Department (EDD)
- CA Foundation of Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
- CA State Council on Development Disabilities (SCDD)
- CA Transition Alliance
- Disability Rights CA (DRC)
- East Bay Innovations (EBI)
- Exceptional Family Resource Center
- Family Resource Network
- Family Resource Center Network of CA (FRCNA)
- Glenn County Office of Education
- North Bay Regional Center (NBRC)
- Regional Center of Orange County (RCOC)
- San Diego Regional Center (SDRC)
- San Diego Community College District (SDCCD)
- Tarjan Center at UCLA
- West End SELPA /Transition Committee for SELPA Administrators of CA
- Whittier Union High School District (WUHSD)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- CECY Flyer to learn more about our work | text-only version
- CECY Strategic Directions
- Visit our Products & Resources page for additional material.
CECY is a 5-year (2011-2016) Project of National Significance under a Partnerships in Employment Systems Change grant (#90DN0284) by the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. The Tarjan Center at UCLA, a University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD), provides the administrative leadership for CECY.