Join our January 19th Webinar on Integrating Disability Support Programs into the Equity Conversation
Please RSVP directly to email@example.com regarding your intent to attend the webinar on Integrating Disability Support Programs into the Equity Conversation on Thursday January 19, 2017 from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM.
In collaboration with the Center for Organizational Responsibility and Advancement (CORA), the Tarjan Center at UCLA will be hosting the webinar on Integrating Disability Support Programs into the Equity Conversation. The purpose of the webinar is to provide an overview of the Student Equity program, including the inclusion of students participating in DSPS programs as well as data on this group as it relates to Student Equity. We will look at examples of how schools may organize their Equity planning groups and funding structures to ensure inclusion of all disproportionately impacted groups.
Who should attend:
California Community Colleges' Administrators, Chief Student Services Officers, Vice Presidents of Student Services, Deans of Student Services, Faculty, DSPS Coordinators & Directors, and Student Success & Equity Directors
The webinar has the following learning objectives:
- As a result of participating in the Equity webinar, participants will be able to list five success indicators that are used to assess disproportionate impact
- Participants will be able to state six disaggregated student categories that should be assessed for disproportionate impact
- As a result of participating in the Equity webinar, participants will be able to describe the purpose of equity funding
- Participants will be able to identify strengths and weaknesses of their campus’ student equity plan and funding structures
The webinar will be facilitated by:
- Bridget Herrin, Ed.D., Director of Operations, Center for Organizational Responsibility and Advancement and Research Analyst, MiraCosta College
- Wilbert L. Francis, MBA, Project Director, Open the Doors to College, Tarjan Center at UCLA
The webinar will be held on Thursday January 19, 2017 from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM. For those who cannot attend the webinar on this date/time, the webinar will be archived and a recording will be made available.
Dial-in and log-on information:
Dial-in and log-on information will be provided once a response to the request for RSVP has been received.
If you have any questions, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org