Apply to be a Research Assistant
Are you interested in joining UCLA PEERS® as a volunteer research assistant?
Research assistants at the PEERS® Clinic work under the mentorship of Dr. Laugeson, the founder and director of the PEERS® program, and have the benefit of learning from both clinical work and clinically-directed research at a top-line academic university. We conduct three group therapies as part of our clinic - for preschoolers, adolescents, and young adults - and collect extensive research outcome measures on all groups.
RA positions are unpaid and on a volunteer basis. We require a commitment of 10 hours per week for at least 1 year, or 20 hours per week for three months during the summer.
RA duties include, but are not limited to:
- Scoring & verifying testing protocol for the PEERS® for Preschoolers, PEERS® for Adolescents, and PEERS® for Young Adults clinical groups
- Maintaining and updating the database for current research studies
- Answering emails and phone calls, and assisting clinic and training coordinators with various clerical duties
- Participating in lectures, seminars, and professional development meetings
- Observing PEERS® social skills groups and monitoring treatment fidelity and homework compliance.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will reach out after reviewing your application materials. Please note that our needs for additional personnel are subject to change.