COVID-19 Artist Stories
The NADC is pleased to share the artists’ stories and artwork created as an expression of what their experience with COVID-19 and/or getting the vaccine has meant for them.
The purpose of the COVID-19 storytelling project is to build confidence about getting the COVID-19 vaccine and draw attention to the experiences of people with disabilities during the pandemic.
We want to hear from you. If you would like to share your story or artwork that you created in response to thinking about your experience in getting the COVID-19 vaccine, please email email@example.com for more information.
Share your story: Some themes to consider as part of your COVID-19 story are:
- what your experience has been like during the pandemic
- why you got the COVID-19 vaccine
- what you are excited to do now that you are vaccinated
- what ways did you use the arts to express yourself during the pandemic
Tell your story your way: Stories are encouraged in any art form. For example:
- Musical composition or expression
- Short film, animation, public service announcement
- Dance, spoken word, skits
Other forms of expression include:
- Photography, paintings, sculpture
- Poetry, essays, short stories, journal entries, testimonies
- Participating in a short virtual interview (via zoom or phone) about your experience