Clovis Blackwell is an interdisciplinary artist with expertise in screenprinting. His work explores themes of suffering, perseverance, and transformation, and is regularly exhibited in Southern California and internationally. Juried competitions and group shows includes at the Kennedy Center Terrace Gallery in Washington, D.C. and the World Financial Center Gallery in New York City. He received his BFA from San Francisco Art Institute in 1999, MFA from Azusa Pacific University in 2009, and has taught printmaking for many years. Blackwell is a juried member of both the Los Angeles Art Association and the Los Angeles Printmaking Society. He owns and operates Fleur de Boom Editions, a publisher of limited edition fine art serigraph prints. Find out more at www.clovisblackwell.com
- Apocrypha, Group Show, Gallery 825, West Hollywood, CA, July 2018
- Best of Show, Beverly Hills Art Show, Beverly Hills, CA, May 2018
- Dissolution: Where Do We Go from Here, Solo Show, Taylor University Metcalf Gallery, Upland, IN, February, 2018
- Adjunct Faculty, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA, 2010-2016
- Art Instructor, The Art Den, Thousand Oaks, CA, 2003-2004
- Classroom Teacher, Ceasar Chavez Academy, East Palo Alto, CA 1999-2001
My accommodations needed are mild as my physical disability is not severe. Beneficial accommodations include studio assistance and/or assistive devices for help with challenging tasks and managing fatigue.