Women's Life Center
The Women's Life Center at The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA is an outpatient program devoted to assessing and treating women with psychiatric conditions associated with hormonal challenges and reproductive life events.
The Women's Life Center at the UCLA Semel Institute and Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital offers a supportive and effective approach to mental health treatment during the special phases of a woman's life:
- Pre-pregnancy consultations for women with psychiatric conditions requiring psychiatric treatment, including psychiatric medications
- Psychiatric conditions associated with pregnancy and postpartum (including breast-feeding)
- Miscarriage and pregnancy loss
- Assisted reproductive technology
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Perimenopausal mood and anxiety disorders
The Center's expert interdisciplinary staff recognizes that helping women deal successfully with emotional conditions associated with hormonal challenges and reproductive life events requires a flexible, supportive approach customized to the needs of each patient.
Treatments offered include consultation, short-term psychotherapy, medication management. All consultations, evaluations and treatments at the Center are performed by a faculty of professionals with expertise in women's mental health.
Members of the staff of the Women's Life Center include psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers. In order to provide comprehensive health care and clinical consultation, the Women's Life Center staff works closely with referring clinicians from the numerous specialties, including:
- Family Medicine
- General Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Mental Health (psychiatry, psychology, social work, etc.)