How to Find a Class & Apply
Step 1 - Create a UCLA Logon ID
If you are a returning Senior Scholar, you already have a UCLA logon ID and do not need to complete this step. Please remember your UCLA logon ID username, as you will be required to submit it for your application. If you need assistance resetting your UCLA logon information, please visit https://www.semel.ucla.edu/longevity/class-website-help
- Go to https://accounts.iam.ucla.edu and select "Create a UCLA Logon"
- Read and agree to the Acceptable Use Policy; then click the Next button.
- Select “I do not have a UCLA Identification Number.”
- Input your name, date or birth and email address.
- Create a username (Logon ID), password, and security question following the onscreen instructions.
- You have the option to add multi-factor authentication to your account – we do not recommend adding MFA for Senior Scholars. You can skip this step.
- Safely store your Logon ID, password and security question answers; your Logon ID will remain the same throughout your time as a Scholar.
If you would like a visual guide with pictures to creating a UCLA logon ID, please visit https://www.semel.ucla.edu/longevity/class-website-help
Step 2 - Find a class.
For Spring Quarter, Senior Scholars are eligible for online and in-person courses. A condensed list of courses is provided in the Senior Scholars catalog; the full list of classes can be found at the Schedule of Classes.
View the full list of in person courses using the Schedule of Classes at: https://sa.ucla.edu/ro/public/soc
- DO NOT click on the Find a Class and Enroll or Class Planner features. Scroll below to “Term.”
- Select Summer 2023 and click on the box next to subject area for a dropdown menu of subjects.
- Click on your desired subject, and click “Go” to pull up a list of classes in that subject area.
- Look for classes numbered below 200.
- Click on a class title, and the lecture information (Days, Time, Location, etc.) will drop down.
- Look only at lecture information (labeled Lec). Discussion sessions (labeled Dis) are not available to auditors.
- If you click on the “Lec 1” link, that will pull up another page with the course description.
Step 3 - Submit an application to the Senior Scholars Program
There are several ways to submit an application.
- Apply online using this Apply Now button.
- Call (310) 794-0679 to apply over the phone
- We suggest listing an alternate course in case your first choice course is unavailable
- PLEASE NOTE that "University ID" is your UCLA logon username.
Step 4 - The Senior Scholars office requests approval from professors.
- Attendance in any course must be approved by the professor through the Longevity Center.
- Instructor approvals begin at the end of the application deadline. It can take several weeks before we hear back, and space is often limited, so please apply at your earliest convenience.
Step 5 - The Senior Scholars office will send you your course status.
- Course confirmations for Summer Quarter 2023 will begin on June 8th.
- If we are unable to confirm your status, we encourage you to select an alternate course.