August 11, 2016: PART 2 | Making Space for Youth and Disabilities to Receive Advocacy & Services at Independent Living Centers (ILCs)
Making Space for Youth and Disabilities to Receive Advocacy & Services at Independent Living Centers (ILCs)
by Christina Mills, Deputy Director, CA Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
The POWERPOINT below reflects both parts of presentation, but it was displayed during Part 2 only.
Part 1 of this presentation took place during the June 9 CECY Monthly Call.
During this segment of Christina’s presentation, she began by updating CECY members about the launch of CFILC’s Freedom Tech Program, then launched into an informative presentation on California ILCs. This segment includes a Q&A with CECY members (discussion areas listed below).
Recording chapters– which allow you to jump to particular points in the presentation – are:
- Christina’s opening comments
- Freedom Tech Program update
- ILC transition services for youth
- ILC overview recap
- The Rehabilitation Act and WIOA charges
- The value of ILCs for youth
- Youth programs/service models
- California ILC wrap up
- Q&A: ILCs and employment services
- Q&A: self-advocates and ILCs
- Q&A: increasing employment for youth with disabilities
- Q&A: working with ILCs that are not youth focused
- Closing comments