College to Career at Santa Rosa Jr. College
College to Careeer (C2C) at Santa Rosa Jr. College is a three-year program designed to meet the unique needs of students who are challenged with intellectual disabilities and/or autism in postsecondary education and the workforce. It serves three cohorts of twenty students annually and is one of five cooperative C2C programs with the California Department of Rehabilitation. The goal of the program is to help students in Sonoma County to obtain employment in the career area of their choice. It provides on-campus academic instruction, support from educational coaches, participation in campus activities, and internship opportunities. The program is designed to address the following specific areas of focus each year:
Year 1 - College, Community & Career Support Exploration
- Orientation to Santa Rosa Junior College and its student resources
- Orientation to and exploration of community resources
- Career Exploration/identification of employment support needs
Year 2 - Career and Technical Training & Work Experience
- Development of skills that increase success at work
- Work experience in at least one Career and Technical area
- Participation in Career and Technical training courses as is appropriate to students' individual employment goals
Year 3 - Supported Employment in the Community
- Job training and/or placement in the community related to on campus work experience from year two
- Participation in Career and Technical Education and training courses as is appropriate to students’ individual employment goals
- Connect with community vocational support agencies, such as the Department of Rehabilitation
Housing: No housing is offered through this program.
Duration: C2C is a three-year program for students with intellectual disabilities and/or autism.