Other resources to find a college for those with intellectual disabilities

Specific Programs for Students with Intellectual Disabilities in California

We have assembled a California Directory of Postsecondary Programs for Students with Intellectual Disability and Autism that includes transition and college programs. The information contained in each of the program profiles was submitted by the college or transition program. The program descriptions are for informational purposes only and do not represent an endorsement by Open the Doors or the Regents of the University of California.

Do you have a program to add? Please contact Beth Stoffmacher at bstoffmacher@mednet.ucla.edu.

California Community Colleges' Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS)

To be admitted to one of the 114 California Community Colleges you must be a high school graduate, over the age of 18 or have the equivalent of a high school diploma. Each college has a Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) office that provides support services, specialized instruction, and educational accommodations to students with disabilities (including students with intellectual disabilities and autism) so that they can participate as fully and benefit as equitably from the college experience as students without disabilities. The specific disability must be verified, and there must be an educational limitation that precludes the student from fully participating in general education without additional specialized services.