Inflammatory Biology Core Laboratory
The Cousins Center maintains a core laboratory with three aims:
- Support the analysis of inflammatory biology in existing UCLA research programs and in new pilot projects and developing research programs.
- Develop new analytic approaches to facilitate in vivo analysis of inflammatory dynamics and their functional genomic impact on individuals.
- Provide training in behavioral, immunologic, and molecular aspects of inflammatory biology in general to postdoctoral fellows and faculty.
Inflammatory Biology Core focuses on measurement of:
- Circulating protein markers
- Cellular protein markers
- Molecular assays of cytokine production
- Genomic assessments of inflammatory activity and its cellular impact
- Neuroendocrine parameters and immune function