Useful Online Resources
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- International OCD Foundation (IOCDF)
- NIMH Web Page on OCD
- Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA)
- Trichotillomania Learning Center (TLC)
- Selective Mutism Group
- UCLA Anxiety Disorders Program for Adults
- MGH OCD and Related Disorders Program
- Child Anxiety and Phobia Clinic at FIU
- Therapist guided online Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for Trichotillomania
- Therapist guided online Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for Skin Picking
BOOKS FOR PARENTS/TEACHERS
- Helping your Anxious Child: A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents. (2000).Rapee et al. New Harbinger.
- Help for Worried Kids: How your child can conquer anxiety and fear. (2006).Last.
- Worried No More: Help and Hope for Anxious Children.Wagner.
- Monsters Under the Bed and Other Childhood Fears: Helping your Child Overcome Anxieties, Fears, and Phobias.Garber, Garber, & Spizman.
- Parenting your Anxious Child with Mindfulness and Acceptance: A Powerful New Approach to Overcoming Fear, Panic, and Worry Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.McCurry.
- What to do when your Child has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Strategies and Solutions.Wagner.
- Freeing your Child from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Powerful, Practical Program for Parents of Children and Adolescents.Chansky.
- Helping Your Child with Selective Mutism: Practical Steps to Overcome a Fear of Speaking (2005).McHolm, Cunningham, & Vanier.
- Good Friends are Hard to Find: Help your Child Find, Make, and Keep Friends. (1996).Frankel & Wetmore. (social skills training)
- Understanding Children of Special Needs. Jack Taulbee (2005).Wayne Publishing.
- Mental Health Medications for Children: A Primer. Brown et al. (2005).Guilford. (written especially for school personnel).
BOOKS FOR CHILDREN
- Wemberly Worried.Henkes.
- Up and Down the Worry Hill.Wagner.
- First Day Jitters.Danneberg.
- I Don’t Know Why…I Guess I’m Shy: A Story About Taming Imaginary Fears.Cain & Smith-Moore.
- Into the Great Forest: A Story for Children Away from Parents for the First Time.Marcus, Marcus, & Jesche.
- Night Light: A Story for Children Afraid of the Dark.Dutro & Boyle.
- Scary Night Visitors: A Story for Children with Bedtime Fears.Marcus, Marcus, & Jesche.
Psych Forums: Psychology and Mental Health Forum