Useful Online Resources
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- International OCD Foundation (IOCDF)
- NIMH Web Page on OCD
- Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA)
- Trichotillomania Learning Center (TLC)
- Selective Mutism Group
- UCLA Anxiety Disorders Program for Adults
- MGH OCD and Related Disorders Program
- Child Anxiety and Phobia Clinic at FIU
- Therapist guided online Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for Trichotillomania
- Therapist guided online Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for Skin Picking
BOOKS FOR PARENTS/TEACHERS
- Helping your Anxious Child: A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents. (2000).Rapee et al. New Harbinger.
- Help for Worried Kids: How your child can conquer anxiety and fear. (2006).Last.
- Worried No More: Help and Hope for Anxious Children.Wagner.
- Monsters Under the Bed and Other Childhood Fears: Helping your Child Overcome Anxieties, Fears, and Phobias.Garber, Garber, & Spizman.
- Parenting your Anxious Child with Mindfulness and Acceptance: A Powerful New Approach to Overcoming Fear, Panic, and Worry Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.McCurry.
- What to do when your Child has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Strategies and Solutions.Wagner.
- Freeing your Child from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Powerful, Practical Program for Parents of Children and Adolescents.Chansky.
- Helping Your Child with Selective Mutism: Practical Steps to Overcome a Fear of Speaking (2005).McHolm, Cunningham, & Vanier.
- Good Friends are Hard to Find: Help your Child Find, Make, and Keep Friends. (1996).Frankel & Wetmore. (social skills training)
- Understanding Children of Special Needs. Jack Taulbee (2005).Wayne Publishing.
- Mental Health Medications for Children: A Primer. Brown et al. (2005).Guilford. (written especially for school personnel).
BOOKS FOR CHILDREN
- Wemberly Worried.Henkes.
- Up and Down the Worry Hill.Wagner.
- First Day Jitters.Danneberg.
- I Don’t Know Why…I Guess I’m Shy: A Story About Taming Imaginary Fears.Cain & Smith-Moore.
- Into the Great Forest: A Story for Children Away from Parents for the First Time.Marcus, Marcus, & Jesche.
- Night Light: A Story for Children Afraid of the Dark.Dutro & Boyle.
- Scary Night Visitors: A Story for Children with Bedtime Fears.Marcus, Marcus, & Jesche.
Psych Forums: Psychology and Mental Health Forum
The Child OCD, Anxiety, and Tic Disorders Program at University of California, Los Angeles holds a partnership with PsychForums, an interactive community forum where individuals can exchange information on topics pertaining to psychology and mental health. This partnership allows researchers from our program to invite forum members to participate in relevant research surveys. For further information on posting a research survey to this forum please visit: https://www.psychforums.com/surveys-studies/topic44450.html