The UCLA Child and Adolescent Mood Disorders Clinic can HELP!
Max Gray CHAMP provides diagnostic evaluations, second opinion consultation, and short-term treatments (medication management and various forms of psychotherapy) for youth who have symptoms of significant and impairing mood disorders and their families. The Program’s focus is on pediatric bipolar disorder (extreme high and low moods).
- Psychological Assessment (includes assessments for ALL major Axis I diagnosis)
- Medication Consultation
- Short-term family therapy
- Short-term medication management
- Referrals for specialized procedures and/or ongoing care
Ideal referral candidates:
We will see children from age 7 years to 17 years, 11 months.
What is a Mood Disorder?
Young people with major depression or bipolar disorder may have any or all of the following challenges, for periods of a week or more:
- Frequent mood changes from irritable to overly cheerful to depressed or anxious
- Pessimistic thinking
- Sleep irregularity or disturbance
- Changes in energy or activity (from excessively active to extremely slow)
- Easily tired
- Changes in weight or appetite
- Speaking rapidly or jumping topics
- Involvement in risky activities
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
- Trouble concentrating or being easily distracted
- Trouble functioning at school or home
Please contact us for more information or click the "Research" tab above.