UCLA PEERS® CLINIC
The Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills (PEERS®) was originally developed at UCLA by Dr. Elizabeth Laugeson, Founder and Director of the UCLA PEERS Clinic, and Dr. Fred Frankel in 2005 and has expanded to locations across the United States and the world. PEERS is a manualized, social skills training intervention for adolescents and young adults. It has a strong evidence-base for use with teens and young adults with autism spectrum disorders, but is also appropriate for teens and young adults with ADHD, anxiety, depression, and other socioemotional problems.
- PEERS for Teens: We offer a 14-week evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated teens in middle school or high school who are interested in learning ways to help them make and keep friends. For more information, please visit the PEERS for Teens section.
- PEERS for Young Adults: We offer a 16-week evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated young adults (18-28 years old) who are interested in learning ways to help them make and keep friends, and to develop romantic relationships. For more information, please visit the PEERS for Young Adults section.
- PEERS for Preschoolers: We are currently recruiting families to test the benefit of a social skills group (PEERS® for Preschoolers) for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder between 4 to 6 years of age. *For more information, please visit the PEERS for Preschoolers and Research sections.
- The Science of Making Friends, Parent Book: We are excited to announce the release of Dr. Elizabeth Laugeson's newest book, "The Science of Making Friends: Helping Socially Challenged Teens and Young Adults". This innovative book provides parents and families with evidence-based tools for building friendships and relationships, and includes a companion DVD. To order the book, please see the flyer in the PEERS for Teens section, or email us at email@example.com
- PEERS Curriculum for School-Based Professionals, School Manual: The newest addition to the UCLA PEERS Clinic, the PEERS Curriculum for School-Based Professionals, has been released to the public and available for purchase! For more informationon this manual and purchasing options, please see the yellow tab below "Purchase PEERS School-Based Manual".
- FriendMaker, PEERS Virtual Coach Mobile Application: The app is a companion to Dr. Laugeson's new book, The Science of Making Friends, and contains important skills, strategies, role-play videos, and tools for making and keeping friends...all within your mobile device or any Apple products! To download the app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/friendmaker/id704606893?mt=8
- The UCLA PEERS Facebook page has recently gone live! More information on the UCLA PEERS Clinic can be found on our Facebook page - please show your support by "liking" us at www.facebook.com/uclapeers
- PEERS Training Seminars: The UCLA PEERS® Clinic staff train mental health professionals and educators who are interested in learning and/or implementing the PEERS® intervention and research in their clinical practice. The UCLA PEERS® Clinic is a Regional Center Vendor.
- PEERS for Adolescents Treatment Manual: To purchase the evidence-based, social skills manual for teens to assist them in making and keeping friends, please click on the yellow tab below.
- PEERS Events: For updated information on conference presentations, start/end dates of groups, Dr. Laugeson's speaking engagements, and the happenings of Team PEERS, please visit the Calendar section.
Vibrant Brain Summit features Dr. Laugeson - 5 Feb 14
First PEERS School-Based Training - 10 Jan 14
Dr. Laugeson on Fox News Latino - 13 Dec 13