Resources for Mental Health and Neurobehavioral Conditions
Useful online reference resources:
- Nathanson Family Resource Center - a valuable center to support families and their significant others who are dealing with mental illness through UCLA.
- Medical Library and Encyclopedia - Browse the full library
- Clinical conditions - Browse through or search for definitions in the UCLA Health System Encyclopedia
- Tests and Procedures- Detail on commonly used clinical tests and procedures, defined in the UCLA Health System Encyclopedia
Clinical Classification Systems
- ICD 10 - A classification system used internationally for all conditions and diseases. System maintained by the World Health Organization.
- ICD10-F - Mental Disorders
- ICD10-G - Nervous System
- DSM IV - The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) is published by the American Psychiatric Association and provides diagnostic criteria for mental disorders; generally used within the USA.
Common terms used through the whole website - click on each for a brief description and related content on this site
- Substance abuse
- Childhood and development
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Tic disorders
- Degenerative diseases
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Eating disorders
- Mood disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Neurotic disorders
- Sleep disorders