Postdoc Hiring Process
- New Hire Process: To initiate the hiring process you will first need to fill out our Academic Trainee Appointment form(note: this form will need to be printed out on Blue paper). Please include the following:Visas: If you are planning on hiring a foreign national, please contact Iriss Brion:
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of objective
- Graduate Division Postdoctoral Scholar Appointment Form
- Graduate Division Postdoctoral Scholar Personal Data Form
- Proof of Degree
- If NIH Training Grant, please provide a copy of the NIH Statement of Appointment
Once a completed packet is received by the ATO, it is then submitted to your fund manager for approval. Once it is approved, the PD will be contacted (usually via email) to come in to complete their new hire paperwork. Our office requests for at least two weeks before the anticipated hire date to allow sufficient time for processing. For more information/policies regarding Postdoctoral Scholar Appointments, visit the Graduate Division website.
- Benefits and leaves. For more detail, visit the Graduate Division website.
- Reappointments. Please include the follwing:
- Terminations. Please include the following:
- Letter of Resignation
- If the appointment will end before the approved appointment end date, complete the Postdoctoral Scholar Exception Request Form at least two weeks in advance of the early separation.
- Recommendation for Issuance of Certificate of Postdoctoral Study
- If NIH Training Grant, please provide the original Termination Notice
- For more details, visit the Graduate Division website.