UPDATE Arts and Communication Access Grant Program
UPDATE Arts and Communication Access Program
We have no more funds at this time
Projects Must Be Completed by December 30, 2020
UPDATE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: The National Arts and Disability Center (NADC) in partnership with Ability Central Philanthropy announces a new grant opportunity, the Arts and Communication Access Program. The NADC will provide California non-profit arts organizations with project support toward activities that promote communication access to individuals with disabilities in arts programming or audience accommodations. This grant is for California arts organizations, museums, theaters, festivals and exhibits, among others.
Grants up to $5,000 will be awarded to support communication access for the inclusion of individuals with disabilities in arts programming or audience accommodations. Grants are offered on a rolling basis until all funds are expended by June 2020.
This project will fund activities such as:
- Closed captioning and ASL Interpreters for deaf or hard of hearing audiences;
- Audio description for live performances;
- Touch materials for an art exhibit;
- Creating alternative formats for materials such as large print or Braille;
- Provide accommodations for California artists with disabilities to be part of an upcoming project (e.g. ASL interpreter for a deaf choreographer);
- ASL interpreted events and tours;
- Assistive listening devices;
- Training on communication access
Application deadline: Applications are available on a rolling basis until funds are used. All funded projects must be completed no later than December 2020.
For information on how to apply email Beth Stoffmacher, Arts Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org