Office of Education
The Office of Education at the Semel Institute and Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital houses a variety of programs and fields of research. It is designed for current students, residents and postgraduate researchers. Our department administers both clinical and research oriented programs contained by the Medical Education, Residency Education, Post-Residency Education and the Academic Trainee Offices.
- Through Medical Education, students from The David Geffen School of Medicine, as well as outside institutions, are taught about patient interaction and the field of psychiatry by our distinguished faculty.
- Residency Education ensures that Psychiatry Residents have earned the necessary credentials for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and are well prepared for their future career.
- The Academic Trainee Office hires and supports postdoctoral scholars from all over the world and UCLA graduate students as they navigate through their early research careers.
As the field of Psychiatry continues to expand within and across disciplines, the Semel Institute Office of Education will continue to help shape the education and training of future leaders in the field.
- Director: Monica Rodriguez
- Medical Education:
- Course Coordinator, 3rd and 4th Year Medical Students: Jewelle Dela Cruz
- Coordinator, 1st and 2nd Year Medical Students: Monika Itaev
- Course Coordinator, Systems Based Healthcare: Renea Fuller
- Psychiatry Housestaff Office: Post-Medical Residency and Fellowship Training Programs
- Administrative Director: Karina Amaya
- House Staff Coordinator: Dulce Madrid-Gonzalez
- House Staff Assistant Coordinator: Denise Aguinaldo
- Program Assistant: Kara Cheng
- Academic Trainees (Pre/Post Doctoral Scholar, Graduate Student Researcher, and Social Work Interns):
- Administrator: Iriss Brion
- Coordinator: Maricruz Pena
- Division of Psychology Programs:
- Coordinator: Jennifer Haydn-Jones
Office of Education
UCLA Department of Psychiatry, Office of Education 760 Westwood Plaza,
Los Angeles, CA 90024-1759
Fax: (310) 825-6483