News and Resources For Recovering Addicts
Information On Topics Related To Addiction And Dual Diagnosis
The field of addiction medicine is continually advancing. Emerging research informs our understanding of the causes and consequences of alcoholism and addiction, and equips addiction psychiatrists with cutting-edge treatment options. One of the most influential insights into addiction treatment has been the recognition of the value of treating both addiction and co-occurring mental health conditions concurrently. Treating dual diagnosis patients for multiple conditions at once enhances outcomes.
Because informed decisions contribute to successful treatment and recovery, in this section of the website, we provide articles on recent research on addiction, resources for addicts and their families, and other relevant topics that are being discussed in the addiction and dual diagnosis medical communities. If there is a topic that interests you that has not been covered here, please contact us.
- Alcoholism: Don't Miss Or Dismiss It
- Back On Track: Employment During Recovery
- Bath Salts: An Overview
- FAQ About Substitution Therapy
- How Do You Cope?
- Is Your Home Addiction Proof?
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome
- Potential Complications Of IV Drug Use
- The Status Of Prescription Drug Abuse In America
- When Addiction Gets Violent: Get Help And Get Out
- Which Comes First: Addiction Or Impaired Impulse Control?