California Developmental Disability Partnership
Our Key Goals:
- To shape public policy affecting Californians with DD in order to remove barriers, enhance services and secure adequate funding; promote consumer voice and choice; and change social attitudes so that consumers are valued and included.
- Prevent abuse, neglect and victimization of Californians with Developmental Disabilities.
- Avoid institutionalization and promote integrated community living arrangements of the person’s choice that support dignity, freedom, power, responsibility and independence.
- Change the system so it values diversity culture and each individual, and increases access to and utilization of appropriate services by ethnically and linguistically diverse consumers.
- Increase the ability of Californians with DD to become effective self advocates.
- Increase choices and participation in inclusive work, recreation and leisure, education, community and social life.
- Maintain and improve access to public and private healthcare.
- Early Childhood: improve access to routine developmental screening, early identification of developmental delays and referral/access to early intervention services.