Senior Scholars is a unique campus-wide program in which persons 50 years and older can audit regular-session undergraduate courses.
- Choose from hundreds of classes each quarter.
- Learn from UCLA's distinguished professors while enjoying an intergenerational experience.
- No time consuming papers, reports, prerequisites or exams.
- *Restrictions Apply: language, laboratory, studio art, performing arts and other classes that require daily grading and/or daily professor-student interaction cannot accept auditors.
How do I participate in the Senior Scholar Program?
Scholars may also choose from hundreds of UCLA undergraduate courses by visiting www.registrar.ucla.edu/schedule .
- Search courses by Term and Subject Area for courses numbered below 200
- Look at Lecture (LEC) information. Discussion sessions (DIS) are not available to audit.
- The Senior Scholars Catalog below contains a condensed list of some of the many courses offered.
Once you find a course(s), apply online through the UCLA Longevity Center using the Apply Now  button at the bottom of this page. You may also submit an application  by mail or fax to the Longevity Center; (for your protection, we ask you do not e-mail us credit card information).
Course acceptance is contingent upon space availability and professor consent through the UCLA Longevity Center.
Quarterly fees are $150 for the first class and $125 for each additional class. This includes a $25 non-refundable administrative fee per course. More information on program logistics can be found in our Senior Scholars FAQs .
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org  or call us at (310) 794-0679.
Important Dates for Summer 2015
Registration Begins: Monday, May 4
Registration Ends: Monday, June 1 (Session A) Wed. July 6 (Session C)
Instruction Begins: week of June 22 (Session A) week of Aug. 3 (Session C)
Drop Deadline*: Monday, June 29 (Session A) Monday Aug. 10 (Session C) *Course fee not refundable after this date
Instruction Ends: Friday, July 31 (Session A) Friday, Sept. 11 (Session C)
Holidays- The Longevity Center and all other campus offices are closed on holidays.
Memorial Day holiday: Monday, May 25
4th of July holiday: Friday, July 3
Labor Day holiday: Monday, September 7
Now accepting applications for both Summer SessionsApply Now!