The Application Process
If you would like to register your child so that he or she can be placed on our waitlist, please print out and complete the Registration Form and the Child’s History/Information questionnaire. Return the completed forms by MAIL, along with copies of the most recent reports, evaluations, and documents:
- Regional Center assessments and Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) or Individual Program Plan (IPP).
- School district evaluations and Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Any other relevant reports and evaluations, such as psychological, behavioral, neurological, speech and language, occupational therapy, floor time, social skills or whatever you may have at this time.
- Health insurance card, front and back.
- Optional: If you have an extra picture of your child, feel free to tuck it into your registration packet too.
Please MAIL all of the above information to:
Early Childhood Partial Hospitalization Program
Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA, Room 78-232
760 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90024.
DO NOT EMAIL ANY DOCUMENTS to us.
Registration packets and reports sent by email will not be accepted.
We will send you written confirmation by mail within 2 weeks of receipt of your registration packet - no need to call within this 2 week period. We will process all registration packets in the order received. At that time your child will be added to our waitlist. While you are waiting to join ECPHP, it is important that you obtain services for him or her within the community.
There are some suggestions summarized below:
- Have your child evaluated by the UCLA Autism Evaluation Clinic (310) 794-4008 for diagnostic clarification and/or treatment recommendations.
- Have your child evaluated by the Regional Center. The Regional Center can do diagnostic evaluations and provide services (such as in-home behavioral intervention, respite care, social skills group, after-school program) at no charge. Below is a list of Regional Centers that serve the Southern California area:
- Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center, 626-299-4722; www.elarc.org
- Harbor Regional Center, 310-540-1711; www.harborrc.org
- Lanterman Regional Center, 213-383-1300; www.lanterman.org
- North Los Angeles County Regional Center, 818-778-1900; www.nlacrc.org
- Regional Center of Orange County, 714-796-5222; www.rcocdd.com
- San Gabriel / Pomona Regional Center, 909-620-7722; www.sgprc.org
- South Central Los Angeles Regional Center, 213-763-7800; www.sclarc.org
- Tri-Counties Regional Center, 805-962-7881; www.tri-counties.org
- Westside Regional Center, 310-258-4000; www.westsiderc.org
- If your child is approaching 3 years of age, or older, have him or her evaluated by your local school district. If appropriate, get an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) in place so they can provide appropriate educational interventions for your child.
- UCLA also has an after-school social recreational program for children with the diagnosis of autism/Asperger’s Disorder, 3 – 6 years of age. Contact the UCLA Early Childhood Clubhouse Program, Rochelle Noel at (310) 825-0367.
- Don’t hesitate to get your child on any and all waitlists you may encounter as you are pursuing services.